Creating Inspiring Experiences with Encore
Encore’s dedicated on-site team seamlessly integrates with all property departments to provide an efficient event planning experience. Our team members’ unique knowledge of the venue and their passion for blending creativity and innovative technology will ensure your event is brought to life.
In addition to our on-site resources, you receive the expert support of thousands trained professionals and the unmatched creative and technical resources of Encore. We’ll ensure your event receives the individual attention, creative direction and research-based solutions for maximum impact. With its onsite office, Encore is most familiar with the hotel’s meeting and event rooms, and ready to handle all of your rigging requirements.
Encore is proud to serve as the exclusive, onsite rigging contractor for
Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs and Boardwalk Resort Hotels.
The Hotels are equipped with permanent rigging point systems in the Ballrooms. As part of a comprehensive overhead safety and risk management program, the systems are annually load tested and inspected.
Encore is required to approve all rigging designs and provide all rigging labor, truss and chain hoists for your event. We look forward to providing you with outstanding service and equipment.
BEGIN THE PLANNING PROCESS EARLY
Contact us soon to start the rigging-planning process and we’ll discuss:
- Ballroom Rigging Standards
- Rigging Equipment Guidelines
- Best practices
Here’s how to plan with Encore for your rigging needs:
- Rigging Advances must be submitted with a scaled rigging plot 21 business days prior to load in. See “To Order Service:” at the bottom of this page to learn more.
- Rigging plots must contain all flown equipment in addition to a reflective ceiling plan with hang-points. Please use our CAD file (available for download below) as your design template.
- All drawings must be received via email in a .dwg or .dxf format. Hard copies will be accepted in a scale of no smaller than 1/8″-1’.
EXHIBIT HALL / BALLROOM STANDARDS
- Please refer to the CAD files for exact locations of the rigging points.
- There is NO RIGGING OTHER THAN THE PERMANENT RIGGING POINTS INSTALLED.
- No rigging is allowed from the air-wall tracks.
- Encore must make all connections to the ceiling or supporting structure of the hotel.
- Only a Encore rigger may move flown equipment.
- Additional weight cannot be applied to flown equipment after Encore riggers leave the room.
- Under no circumstances may a person be suspended, walk or climb upon any point or supporting structure attached to the ceiling.
ENCORE ON-SITE PRACTICES
- Encore retains exclusive rights to all rigging services and rigging equipment.
- Late schedule changes will result in additional charges.
- Encore will make all connections to the ceiling and assist staff in attaching those connections to truss and equipment. Please contact our offices for clarification of what services and equipment we offer to assist you in a safe and cost effective event.
- Encore will not “dead hang” items over 100lbs or 10′ in length with a scissors lift. Chain hoists or crank towers must be used.
- Cable bridge truss is required when cable bundles exceed four (4) Soco.
RIGGING EQUIPMENT GUIDELINES
- A scissors lift is required for all rigging calls at the hotel. Encore has lifts on site and available for rental. All lifts used in the hotel must have white, non-marking tires and be in good repair. Construction or outdoor lifts will not be allowed in the hotel.
- All equipment and materials flown must pass ANSI guidelines and be approved.
- Any dynamic (moving) element requires an arrester device.
- A steel “safety” is required on each individual item suspended with a nylon sling.
- All nuts and bolts used overhead must be rated and all wire rope clips and overhead hardware (eyebolts etc.) must be forged, unless approved by Encore.
Rigging Point Charge (greater than 100 lbs.)
- Weekly Advanced rate = $480 each (includes .5 ton hoist)
- Weekly Standard rate = $572 each (includes .5 ton hoist)
Rigging Point Charge (less than 100 lbs.) (6-point minimum)
- Advanced rate = $60 each
- Standard rate = $72 each
Scissor Lift Daily Rental
- Advanced rate = $400
- Standard rate = $490
Scissor Lift Weekly Rental
- Advanced rate = $805
- Standard rate = $960
* Additional charges may apply for atrium equipment
* Equipment Rental Rates are subject to a 24% service charge.
* Every (6) .5 ton hoists will require (1) Rigging Cable Lot – $185.00 per cable lot.
Rigging Labor Rates:
Four or eight-hour minimum required.
- Advanced rate = $100 per hour
- Standard rate = $120 per hour
- Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5p.m. = Straight Time
- Monday – Friday, 5 p.m. -Midnight = Time and 1/2
- Monday – Sunday, Midnight – 8a.m. = Double Time
- Saturday, 8 a.m. – Midnight =Time and 1/2
- Sunday, All Day = Double Time
- Holidays**, All Day = DoubleTime
**Holidays = New Year’s Day,Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
**Please note, above rates do not include any applicable Florida State Sales Tax
ROOM DIAGRAMS – CAD DRAWINGS
Follow the links below to download CAD files of Disney Event Group’s meeting spaces in the Orlando, Florida area.
• BoardWalk Main Ballrooms ( .DWG ) ( .PDF )
Yacht and Beach Resort
• Grand Ballroom ( .DWG ) ( .PDF )
• Fantasia Ballroom – First Floor ( .DWG ) ( .PDF )
• Ballroom of the Americas & Grand Republic Ballroom – Second Floor ( .DWG ) ( .PDF )
Coronado Springs Resort
• Veracruz Exhibit Hall ( .DWG )( .PDF )
• Coronado Main Ballrooms ( .DWG ) ( .PDF )
Grand Floridian Resort
• Grand Floridian Ballroom ( .DWG ) ( .PDF )
SAFETY AND EGRESS REVIEW
Reedy Creek is the local governmental entity that reviews all floor plans for safety and egress. Below is their contact information. Submit your room floor plan drawing to them for review and approval. You will then need to forward the Reedy Creek APPROVED drawing to the Hotel Convention Services Manager for review and final approval. Any other questions regarding the room layout, staging or house equipment should be discussed with the Hotel Convention Services Manager.
Laurie D Brandon CFPE 18-0127
Fire Plans Examiner
Fire Inspector/Arson Investigator/EMT
Reedy Creek Improvement District
Office (407) 828-3295
Cell (407) 468-0962
Reedy Creek Main E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
ORDER RIGGING SERVICE
- For Power Distribution Requests, please follow this link to complete an online Power Advance Request.
- Click here to download the Electrical Services Pricing Guide
- Please contact Ashley Mitzenmacher for more information on Electrical Services: 407.756.0403, email@example.com